2017 Home Design Trends
According to INMAN – one of the Real Estate Industry’s leading source of real estate information, the following are the home design trends of 2017 to watch for:
- Traditional Kitchens, but with a twist: built-in bars, contrasting islands, colored islands with colored (hello 1950’s!) fridges; hexagonal tile backsplashes; white and wood kitchens (country, but chic); a whole wall of tile in the kitchen; marble surfaces – counters, floors, tables, accessories.
- While Benjamin Moore has announced Shadow as it’s 2017 colour of the year, Pantone’s selection is Greenery. Bring the outside in with this bright colour! Sherwin William’s colour of the year is Poised Taupe. Not a fan of gray? Try beigey neutrals instead. Bring in the jewel tones as well to keep the BLAH at bay.
Vanities in the vein of chests of drawers, vintage consoles or filing cabinets are favoured for 2017. Let the light shine in to your shower with black steel and glass.
How about some whimsical pendant lights for the boudoir this year? Great for small rooms with not enough space for night-tables. Romantic colours will be the bedroom colours for 2017, with pinks and ruby, caramel and black.
- Multi-room remodelling is expected to be big in 2017.
- Docking stations will be big in 2017 as more people work from home. Think wi-fi and pull out desk surfaces.
- Garage Remodels will be a trend as well. In-law suite? Guest suite?
- Love this one: Shedquarters: a twist on the tiny house trend, only used more for a business, or party room.