Summer Living in Collingwood, Blue Mountain and Southern Georgian Bay
While Collingwood is known for its charming small-town vibe and tightly knit community feel, it has also become a destination for anyone seeking quirky one-of-a-kind boutiques, well attended athletic and arts festivals, upscale dining and lively entertainment, and a whole host of opportunities for outdoor activity. While you’re in one of the most attractive areas of natural beauty in the province, make sure you get outside to enjoy some of the wonderful scenery and activities that are right on your doorstep! Here’s a Guide to Summer on the Water, the Beach, Trails and Links!
ON THE TRAILS
Prefer to spend your down time hiking and biking? We’ve still got you covered with 7 major trails criss-crossing Collingwood and it’s outskirts and an amazing 28 walking trails within Collingwood itself!
ON THE GREENS
Making plans to get in 9 or 18 holes? There are public and private golf courses in the greater Georgian Bay area with options available for every skill level. Gather your foursome and hit the links!
- OslerBrook Golf and Country Club and Golf Academy
- Batteaux Creek Golf Club
- Cranberry Golf Resort
- Duntroon Highlands Golf Club
- Blue Mountain Golf and Country Club
- Marlwood Golf and Country Club
- The Golf Club at Lora Bay
- Mad River Golf Course
- Tomahawk Municipal Golf Course Thornbury
- Monterra Golf
- Georgian Bay Club
ON THE WATER
Have you got your heart set on spending time in the water? Southern Georgian Bay has no less than 7 full service marinas providing you with all necessary amenities and some even provide the opportunity to take to the water in canoes, kayaks, paddle boats or jetskis or to try out wind surfing or dragon boating.
- Cranberry Marina (watercraft rentals)
- Southwinds Marine Inc. (marina and docking)
- Sturgeon Point Marina (sales, service, repairs)
- Town of Collingwood Docking Fees
- Lighthouse Point Yacht and Tennis Club (for residents/permit holders only)
- Thornbury Harbour (rentals, charters and mooring)
- Meaford Harbour (slips, comfort stations, showers, etc)
- Collingwood Charters (Huronic)
- Collingwood Adventure Voyages
ON THE BEACH
From Wasaga Beach to Meaford there are a variety of flat rock and sand beaches to enjoy.
- Wasaga Beach
- Sunset Point – Black Rock Collingwood
- Northwinds Beach Craigleith
- Craigleith Provincial Park
- Delphi Point Park
- Lora Bay Beach
- Council Beach The Blue Mountains
- Christie Beach The Blue Mountains
- Peasemarsh Nature Reserve Thornbury
- Bayview Park Thornbury
- Little River Beach Park Thornbury
- Memorial Park Meaford
- Map of Southern Georgian Bay Beaches
Tours – Kayaking, SUP, Rock Climbing, Cycling
Whether you’re thinking about hitting the trail, a family getaway, trip to the spa or a golfing vacation, Downtown Collingwood is just a 15 minute drive from Blue Mountain Resort where there’s always something fun and exciting happening!