What to Expect From Your Movers
Whether you’ve decided to sell your home in Collingwood and move to The Blue Mountains, or if you’ve invested in a beautiful condo as your vacation oasis, there’s no doubt that you’re excited about moving into your new home! But perhaps not as excited to pack, move and clean. Hiring a mover can take the stress and hard work away, leaving you time to kick up your feet and relax – But what do movers actually do and how does it work, when you hire a moving company to take care of everything, come moving day?
Every moving company might offer different services at a variety of prices but in general moving companies can help you:
• Pack your household items
• Supply you with boxes and packing materials
• Move all of your packed boxes into their vehicles and over to your new home for you as well as unload all of your packed boxes for you
• Clean your home after you’ve packed everything up so that it’s nice and tidy for the new owners
• Make stops along the way between your previous house and your new home to deliver items or to pick up items as needed
• Unpack all of your boxes for you to help complete the move as per your requests Whether you need a little assistance or want someone to take care of the entire move for you from start to finish, a professional moving company should be helpful every step of the way.
Be sure to do your research before hiring a moving company to prevent any disappointment, and asking for references is never a bad idea either. If you’ve never worked with a moving company before you might find the checklist below helpful in making sure your moving company of choice is the right fit for you and your family.
• Are the employees packing and moving your items fully trained?
• Will the employees be wearing uniforms during the entire process?
• Will they have proper moving pads and safety equipment to make sure your items arrive safely without anyone getting injured?
• If an injury was to occur are the movers fully trained in terms of how to react and to assist the injured person?
• Are the moving company and its employees fully insured and bonded?
• What is the process if anything is missing after the move has been completed?
• Will the movers be able to accommodate any moving rules and regulations within your community if you are moving into an apartment building, complex, condominium or retirement community?
• Will you be given an itinerary and planned route of travel before moving day?
• Are the moving company drivers fully licensed and insured?