A Year in Review: Single Family Residences and Condo Sales in Meaford
We are often asked about the REAL ESTATE MARKET in our six main local areas, which consist of the towns of Collingwood, The Blue Mountains, and Wasaga Beach;
Clearview Township, and the Municipalities of Meaford and Grey Highlands.
Let’s have a look at what the past 12 months looked like in each municipality, with statistics from our local Southern Georgian Bay Association of REALTORS.® Today, let’s look at Municipality of Meaford.
Between December 5, 2016, and December 5, 2017, in the Municipality of Meaford, there were:
- 203 Sales of Single Family Residences
- Average List Price was $437,727
- Average Sale Price was $422,530
- Total Sales Value was $85,773,590
- 27 of the 203 Sales sold AT their list (asking) price, which represents 13.3% of the total sales
- 42 of the 203 Sales sold for MORE than their list (asking) price, which represents 20.7% of the total sales
- The lowest sale price for a Single Family Residence in Municipality of Meaford was $85,000 in July 2017.
- This was a 1.5 storey, 2 bedroom/1 bathroom, 1200 sq.ft. home on municipal water and septic; needing someone with vision to fix it up. It was on a huge lot at the edge of Meaford.
- The highest sale price for a Single Family Residence in Municipality of Meaford was $1,777,000 in April 2017
- Built in mid-1800’s, this 4000+ sq.ft.home on 100 acres, gave us all the feels, with large entertaining spaces, great room with fireplace, original wood floors, reproduction deep trim, country kitchen, a pond with water features, a gazebo for appreciating the 3600 views of Georgian Bay and the Niagara Escarpment.
- 14 Sales of Condominiums in Meaford
- Average List Price was $221,536
- Average Sale Price was $219,700
- Total Sales Value of these 3 Sales was $3,075,800
- 0 of the 14 sales sold AT its list (asking) price, which represents 0% of the total sales
- 4 of the 14 sales sold for MORE than their list (asking) price, which represents 28.6% of the total sales
- The lowest sale price for a Condominium in Meaford was $70,000 in December 2016.
- Believe it or not, this sale price was OVER the asking price of this apartment style condo, which was a modest 470 sq.ft., with 1 bedrooms and 1 bathroom, renovated, located in walking distance to much of Meaford’s town, and had the bonus of being located above a restaurant! Municipal services.
- The highest sale price for a Condominium in Meaford was $361,500 in April 2017.
- This townhouse style condo also sold for more than it’s asking price and was a 1300 square foot, 3 bedroom/2 bath condo overlooking Meaford’s awesome harbour and river. This unit had outdoor and garage parking, extra storage and was an end unit, on municipal services.
Note: All statistics included are sales that were reported through Southern Georgian Bay Association of REALTORS® MLS® system.