Collingwood – Blue Mountain and Area Real Estate Market Recap for November, 2011
The November MLS® statistics are in for our local real estate market including the six key areas of Collingwood, Blue Mountain, Meaford, Clearview, Wasaga Beach and Grey Highlands as well as Mulmur, Tiny and Springwater Townships.
- While normally we start to see a decline in the number of sales in November, this year they were surprisingly strong and down just 10 sales over the previous month. The number of sales last month (167) were largely on par with the previous four months suggesting continued stable demand at the present time. Sales for the month were 18% higher than in November 2010.
- Average residential sale price in the six key areas of the Georgian Triangle (Collingwood, Wasaga Beach, Clearview, Blue Mountains, Grey Highlands and Meaford) YTD is $335,632; up 3.2% over the same period last year.
- The YTD, residential sales to listing ratio (percentage of listed properties that sell) in the six key areas was 32%. It was highest in Collingwood at 42% and lowest in Grey Highlands at 27%.
- There were 167 sales in November: 87 were under $250,000,67 were $250,000 to $500,000 and 13 sales were over $500,000 including 2 over 1 million dollars.
- Of the 167 sales, 146 were residential, 7 farms, 10 vacant land and 4 commercial.
- There are currently 2119 active listings for sale on the Georgian Triangle MLS® system
NOTE: These statistics are compiled using data from the MLS® system of the Georgian Triangle Association of REALTORS®.