Georgian Triangle Real Estate Market Recap for April, 2011
Here is a recap of the April real estate market in the 6 key areas of the Georgian Triangle including Collingwood, Blue Mountain, Meaford, Wasaga Beach, Clearview and Grey Highlands.
Last month’s data is sure to leave many consumers (and agents) scratching their heads. There are very mixed signals in the data showing strength in some segments and weaknesses in others. It is clear that we are not experiencing a boom market at the present time and that the traditional spring market is off to a slower than expected start. On the other hand, we’re seeing record sales in the upper tier markets. Some areas, such as Clearview, Collingwood and Wasaga Beach posted sales numbers comparable to the past few years while other areas such as Meaford and Blue Mountain showed a leveling off. Here is a comparison of YEAR-TO-DATE sales in the last two years:
• There were 169 sales reported on the Georgian Triangle MLS® in the month of April 2011 including 146 residential units (29 were condos), 9 farms, 11 vacant land parcels and 3 commercial properties.
• Year-to-date average residential sale price in the 6 key markets ($339,647) is up 10.5% over last year ($307,390) reflecting the continued strength of the upper tier market (sales over $500,000).
• While sales of properties over-all in the Georgian Triangle are down about 13% year-to-date, there were 14 more sales in April than in the previous month
• The number of new listings in down slightly with 668 properties listed for sale in April. There are currently 2189 properties for sale in the full Georgian Triangle market area.
• The residential, single family home, 12 month sale-to-list ratio is currently 31.4% which is slightly better than this time last year.