Georgian Triangle Real Estate Market Update April 2018
April 2018 Highlights
- Residential home sales totalled 296 units in April 2018, down -34.1% from a record-breaking April 2017.
- New residential listings in April 2018 – 437 units, down -29.4% from a year earlier.
- Year-to-date home sales numbered 836 units, down -32% from this time last year.
- Home Sales in the *Western Region numbered 190 units, down -25.8% from April 2017.
- Year-to-date home sales in the Western Region numbered 551 units, down -26.3% from this time last year.
- Average price of homes sold in the Western Region was $464,041 in April 2018, a decrease of -6.4% year-over-year.
- The year-to-date average price in the Western Region was $471,153, down -1.1% from this time last year.
While sales activity is trending at lower levels, a big part of the large year-over-year decline reflects how strong the market was last year, particularly in April.
* The Western District includes Wasaga Beach, Clearview Township, Collingwood, The Blue Mountains, and portions of the Municipality of Meaford and Grey Highlands