Southern Georgian Bay Real Estate Market Update August 2017
Southern Georgian Bay Home Sales Fall Slightly Below Average in August 2017
This report covers the Western Region of The Southern Georgian Bay Association of Realtors including Collingwood, The Blue Mountains, Clearview Township, Wasaga Beach, Municipality of Meaford and part of Grey Highlands.
It could be said that this year’s real estate market has been as unpredictable as the weather! August 2017 saw an increase in residential new listings of 18% while residential sales fell 39.5%.
Western Region – All Real Estate
- Western Region Unit Sales fell 37% on a year-over-year basis to 190 units in August 2017.
- Sales Dollar Volume of $83,490,684. fell -30% from the same period last year.
- Year-to-date unit sales in the Western Region numbered 1,752 units, down 10% from this time last year.
- Year to date Sales Dollar Volume fell 11% at $796,346,727.
- The number of new listings in August 2017 increased 6% to 326 from 309 at the same time last year while year to date new listings are down -12% at 2660.
Western Region – Residential Real Estate
- Residential Sales fell 39.5% to 156 units in August 2017.
- Year-to-date home sales in the Western Region numbered 1,430 units, down 16.4% from this time last year.
- The number of new residential listings in August increased 18% over last year at 276.
The average price of homes sold in the Western Region was $449,667 in August 2017. This was an increase of 20.3% from a year earlier. The year-to-date average price in the Western Region was $466,453, up 27.6% from the same time last year.
August sales remained at more moderate levels after having come off a record setting streak in recent months.while inventory is still historically low.
For Community Reports including Collingwood, The Blue Mountains, Clearview, Meaford & Wasaga Beach click here.