August 2014 Real Estate Market Recap For Collingwood, Blue Mountain and Area
The real estate market in the Collingwood, Blue Mountain and south Georgian Bay area remained strong through August in one of the best summer markets we’ve had. A few highlights of the local market in August:
• The number of new listings were down marginally but so were sales numbers keeping the pattern much the same as July
• The sales-to-listing ratio is in balanced market territory in most areas and YTD, Collingwood has now topped 51% meaning it is now a seller’s market. The lowest or slowest area is in the Town of Blue Mountains although that area saw a surge in sales last month
• The number of properties sold in all local areas last month topped sales for the same period last year
• Listing inventory of proeprties for sale is tightest in the Collingwood area
• The average sale price continues to clim in most areas and is up about 5% year over year
• The number of condos sold in August (38) was down from July (51) however, the average sale price is higher and sat at $227,000 last month.
September has been off to a fast start and I expect we’ll see continued strong activity for at least the next few months.
Note: All statistics obtained from the Southern Georgian Bay Association of REALTORS® Real Estate Board