Georgian Triangle Real Estate Market Recap for July 2011
There was some positive news this month with the July stats that just came in for our local real estate market including key areas such as Collingwood, Blue Mountain, Meaford, Wasaga Beach, Clearview and Grey Highlands.
Observations for the month of July:
- For the first time since February 2011, sales for the month were up over 2010 levels with 9% more sales (175 versus 160 in July 2010)
- All of the gain was in the Town of Collingwood where the number of sales were up 15.1% over July 2010. Meaford continues to struggle this year with sales down 24% and in Grey Highlands, they wer down 19%. All other areas were down less than 5%.
- The 12 month average residential sale price was up in each area of the Georgian Triangle by 5-10% over this time last year
- The number of new listings for the month was up 12% over July 2010 while the number of expired listings were down by 2%
- Of the 175 sales posted in July, 145 were residential sales with 70 being priced from $150,000 – $249,999, 51 from $250,000 – $499,999 and 15 were over $500,000.
- The YTD sales to listing ratio is strongest in Collingwood at 45% suggesting reasonably balanced market conditions
- The average residential sale price, YTD in the Georgian Triangle was $321,726.
- At the end of the month, there were 2525 active listings for sale.
The chart below shows Year To Date data for all areas included in the Georgian Triangle Real Estate Board Area.