List Now, Thank Me Later!
Contrary to popular belief, the “spring market” in our area usually starts in mid-February! 🌷
Here are our top 5 reasons we feel Seller’s should consider listing now. 🏡
1. RECORD LOW INVENTORY 📉
– In the Western Region of Southern Georgian Bay we have less than 1 month of inventory on MLS. Compare this to January 2015 (9.9 months of inventory*) and January 2012 (14.7 months of inventory).
2. LESS COMPETITION 🏆
– You may be the only house on your street or neighbourhood compared to a few months from now. Also, you end up with more serious buyers. Those who are willing to don hats, scarves and boots in cold temperatures to look at houses, generally are not the “lookie loos” you get in summer!
3. MORTGAGE RATES ON THE RISE📈
– Bank of Canada says interest rates need to increase to reign in rising inflation. The next interest rate announcement will be March 2, 2022. Buyers are trying to get in before this happens.
4. RECORD SALES PRICES 💲
–Prices have continually increased month over month, year over year for the past several years. We are seeing record prices, multiple offers and offers being held on properties on a regular basis. There has never been a better time for you to get top dollar for your home, than now!
5. BUYERS ARE READY AND WAITING TO POUNCE🐯
– With all of the above factors, there is a pent-up demand of buyers just waiting for the perfect home to come on the market. Investors, those tired of paying high rental rates, first time buyers and retirees are looking to buy NOW.
*Lakelands West- MLS Residential Activity stats
So if you, or anyone you know is considering selling a home, please keep The Rioux Baker Team in mind. We would be happy to provide you with a free market analysis of your property.