Southern Georgian Bay Fall Colour Tour
ROUTE 1 (1.5 hours): Thornbury to Blue Mountain Village
ROUTE 1 (1.5 hours) Thornbury to Blue Mountain Village
- Start in Thornbury on the main street where Hwy26 meets Bruce St. (Grey Rd.13)
- Turn left and head south to Clarksburg (now Marsh St.– also Grey Rd.13) (2km)
- Continue along Grey Rd.13 past Heathcote towards Kimberley (16.8 km)
- Look for sign for Beaver Valley Cidery on your left.
- Retrace back along Grey Rd. 13 (heading north 3.1km)
- Turn right on Grey Rd. 119 and head east to Ravenna (10.4km)
- Enjoy great views of the Beaver Valley, Georgian Bay and on to Banks (5.5km)
- Continue East past Scenic Caves down the Escarpment to the roundabout (7.6km)
- Stay right in the roundabout to catch Grey Rd. 19 into Collingwood (6.2km) or
- Stay left in the roundabout to take Grey Rd.19 into Blue Mountain Village (1.6km)
ROUTE 2 (1 hour): Collingwood to Blue Mountain Village
ROUTE 2 (1 hour) Collingwood – Blue Mountain Village
- Start in Collingwood on First Street (Hwy 26). Travel west along Hwy26.
- Turn left at the Craigleith Heritage Depot (Grey Rd. 19) (9.7km)
- Drive along the base of the ski hills and Blue Mountain Village until you arrive at the Roundabout (3.3km)
- Follow signage to head uphill toward Scenic Caves (Grey Rd.119) (3.4km)
- Continue straight on to Banks (4.5km)
- Turn right at Banks (4th Line/Sideroad 21) and follow along past Loree Forest (Bruce Trail access point) to Victoria Corners (Grey Rd 2) (8.7km)
- Watch for the vineyards! (Georgian Hills Vineyard)
- Turn right, head down the hill to Clark St.–just before Hwy 26 (8.8km)
- Turn left to go into Clarksburg and and on to Thornbury (2.0km) or
- Continue straight to Hwy 26, turning right, then right again at the Craigleith Heritage Depot, to return to Blue Mountain Village (16.7km)
Wind your way up Scenic Caves Road, appropriately named for its beautiful scenery, surrounded by trees and catching some glimpses of Georgian Bay from an elevated position. Once you reach the high point of the road, you will be rewarded with an astonishing view of the town of the Blue Mountains, Collingwood and Georgian Bay. Make sure to walk over the suspension bridge or ride on the zipline for more beautiful views!
Grey Road 13/Beaver Valley Lookout
Look out over a hill of striking fall colours as you drive through the Beaver Valley. As you pull up to the Beaver Valley lookout, you will be amazed by the exquisite view of the valley. Drive through the quaint village of Thornbury and make your way through the many charming communities throughout Beaver Valley, enjoying the display of fall colours.
Grey Road 40
This rolling country road surrounded by trees and fields emulates the pleasant atmosphere of fall. The trees are various shades of joyful fall colours and leaves coat the ground and the views of Georgian Bay and Niagara Escarpment is a sight not to be missed. Roll down your windows as you make your way east down this road, getting a whiff of the crisp, fresh, autumn air.