Indoor & Outdoor Skating Collingwood, Blue Mountain, Thornbury, Meaford & Wasaga Beach
Looking for a fun way to keep your family active and during this cold snap? We Canadians pride ourselves on feeling at home on the ice so lace up those skates and make plans to meet friends at one of the area rinks or arenas for some skating or an impromptu game of shinny! Not sure where to go? No matter which corner of Simcoe County you call home, there’s a place for you to bust out those blades of glory!
- Central Park Arena: 85 Paterson Street (behind the Curling Club and accessed by Hume Street)
Open Monday through Friday 7am – 11pm and weekends 8am – 10pm.
To contact the rink directly call Customer Service Representatives at 705-444-2500 ext. 3382
- Eddie Bush Memorial Arena: 97 Hurontario Street (beside Town Hall)
Open September through March 8am-11pm
To contact the arena directly, call 705-445-4521
- Central Park Outdoor Rink: 250 Hume Street (parking available behind the YMCA)
Open daily mid-December through mid-March, weather permitting.
To contact the Outdoor Rink directly, call the Facility Operator at 705-441-0965.
- 2018 Indoor Skating Schedule: Download PDF
- 2018 Outdoor Rink Schedule: Download PDF
- Skate rental and sharpening available at Play It Again Sports, 135 Hurontario Street, Collingwood, (705) 446-0633
Blue Mountain Resort
- Mill Pond: Blue Mountain Village, 156 Jozo Weider Boulevard
Open daily 10am-10pm, weather permitting.
Equipment rental available Sunday through Thursday 12pm-6pm, Friday and Saturday 10am-10pm.
- Woodview Mountaintop Skating: Enjoy a 1km skating loop across the Niagara Escarpment located at the top of the mountain between the Orchard Express and Southern Comfort lifts. All skill levels welcome.
Open Monday through Thursday 12pm – 5pm, Friday and Saturday 10am-8pm and Sunday 10am-5pm.
See https://www.bluemountain.ca/things-to-do/activities/woodview-mountaintop-skating for pricing and details.
- Beaver Valley Community Centre: 58 Alfred Street West
Hours of Operation vary according to activities scheduled.
To contact staff call 519-599-3131 x350
- 2018 Indoor Skating Schedule and ice rental rates: http://www.thebluemountains.ca/www.thebluemountains.com-a.cfm
- Meaford and St. Vincent Community Centre and Arena:
151 Collingwood Street West
Open for public skating Mondays, Wednesdays & Fridays from 9-11am, Saturdays 12-2pm and most Sundays 12:30-2:30pm.
To contact staff directly, call 519-538-2772.
- Wasaga Stars Arena: 425 River Road West
Public Skating – Saturdays 6:15pm-7:45pm ($1.50/skater or $6/family)
Adult Skates – Mondays and Thursdays 11am-12pm ($1.50/person)
Parent & Tot Skates – Mondays and Friday 10am-11am ($1.50/skater)
Men’s Shinny – Fridays 12pm-1:30pm ($5/skater)
- Open daily for skate sharpening and inquiries from 7:30am-11pm.
Contact arena staff directly at 705-429-0412 or visit https://www.wasagabeach.com/Pages/Arena.aspx
- Oakwood Outdoor Skating Rink: 1724 Mosely Street (next to the YMCA)
Pleasure/Public Skating – Tuesday & Friday 5pm-9pm, Saturday noon-9pm, Sunday noon-6pm
Shinny Hockey – Monday, Wednesday & Thursday 5pm-9pm, Weekends & Holidays 9am-noon
See http://www.visitsouthgeorgianbay.ca/168p_ice-skating.htm for full schedule.
For more information, contact the Oakview Woods Rink during the above hours at 429-2414 or the Parks and Facilities Department at 429-3321.